Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a nice breakfast or brunch recipe.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cups frozen hash brown potatoes
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 8 slices bacon, cooked in 1/2 slice pieces
- 1⁄3 cup sliced green onion
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- chopped tomato
- Heat oil in non stick skillet on medium high heat.
- Add potatoes; cook 8-10 minute.
- or until potatoes are browned, stirring occasionally.
- Spread potatoes to evenly cover bottom of skillet.
- Mix eggs bacon onions salt and pepper in small bowl.
- Pour egg mixture evenly over potatoes.
- Reduce heat to medium low; cover.
- Cook 10 minute.
- or until eggs are set.
- Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle with cheese and tomatoes.
- Cut in wedges to serve.
I made this for breakfast yesterday. Hubby and I thoroughy enjoyed it!!! The next time I make it, I will double the recipe and then use the leftovers to reheat and put between two pieces of toast. This is an easy dish to make and a great combination of ingredients. (Loved the fresh toatoes for the topping). Thank you so much, Fluffy!!!
Made for Pick Your Chef, July 2003. This was a very easy, simple supper for us, served with a tossed salad! Since it was a very hot day, it was great not to have to put the oven on. I used my electric fry pan, but think it may have been too large. Next time, I'll cook it on the stove in a smaller pan. Thanks for sharing!