Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
From my collection of handwritten recipes. Note: Servings depend on how big the mushrooms are and how many each guest takes.
- 1 dozen fresh large mushroom
- 340.19 g bacon
- 177.44 ml grated cheddar cheese
- 118.29 ml chopped green onion
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- Wash the mushrooms, remove the stems and drain on a paper towel. Fry the bacon until crisp and drain it. When cool, crumble the cooked bacon into small pieces. Mix bacon together with cheese and green onions. Brush mushrooms lightly with olive oil. Place 2-3 teaspoons of bacon mixture in the hollow of each mushroom. Place on broiler pan. Preheat oven to broil. Place stuffed mushrooms under hot broiler and broil 2-3 minutes or until the cheese bubbles. Serve immediately.
- Note: May be stuffed and refrigerated for several hours before broiling.
Delicious! And very easy. My mushrooms were not as big as I had wanted, so I had filling leftover. I am going to put it in an omelet. I like that these aren't made with bread crumbs. Great as part of an appetizer "dinner". Made for Fall 2011 PAC game.