Recipe by ajl694s
I found this recipe in a church cookbook and keep meaning to try it, but haven't had the chance yet.
Top Review by lazyme
Nice way to stuff mushrooms. I halved the recipe for just two of us and we enjoyed them a lot. They were just a tad on the dry side, so next time I think that I would add a little more cheese. Thanks ajl694s for sharing.
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 ounces crumbled bacon
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean mushrooms with cool water. Remove stems from mushrooms and chop.
- Cook onions and chopped mushroom stems in butter until tender. Add bread crumbs.
- Remove from heat; stir in bacon and cheese.
- Mound filling into mushroom caps.
- Place in shallow baking pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Serve warm.