Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
The flavour of this appetizer will remind you of the ever popular BLT without the bread.
Make and share this Bacon Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes recipe from Food.com.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until brown 5-7 minutes.
- drain on paper towels and chop finely.
- Using a small sharp knife, cut a thin slice from the end of each tomato (the stem end serves as a flat bottom so tomatoes will stand upright).
- Scoop out tomato seeds and pulp with a small spoon.
- Lightly salt tomato cavities and allow to drain upside down on paper towels 20 mins.
- In a small bowl, combine bacon, scallions and mayonnaise.
- Stir til well mixed.
- Using a small spoon, stuff mixture into tomato cavities, mounding slightly.
- Refrigerate up to two hours before serving.
I made thiese for a finger foods luncheon we had at work one time and now whenever we have another, my co-workers request that I bring these.