Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The flavour of this appetizer will remind you of the ever popular BLT without the bread.
Make and share this Bacon Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes recipe from Food.com.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until brown 5-7 minutes.
- drain on paper towels and chop finely.
- Using a small sharp knife, cut a thin slice from the end of each tomato (the stem end serves as a flat bottom so tomatoes will stand upright).
- Scoop out tomato seeds and pulp with a small spoon.
- Lightly salt tomato cavities and allow to drain upside down on paper towels 20 mins.
- In a small bowl, combine bacon, scallions and mayonnaise.
- Stir til well mixed.
- Using a small spoon, stuff mixture into tomato cavities, mounding slightly.
- Refrigerate up to two hours before serving.
I made thiese for a finger foods luncheon we had at work one time and now whenever we have another, my co-workers request that I bring these.