Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
got this from a friend of mine
- 4 slices bacon
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom pieces, drained and finely chopped
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb bulk ground pork
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 8 hamburger buns, toasted
- Cook bacon until nice crisp.
- Remove bacon and keep 2 tablespoons of fat drippings.
- Saute onions in drippings.
- Crumble bacon with mushrooms add to skillet and set aside.
- combine beef, pork, cheese, pepper, garlic powder, and steak sauce.
- Shape into 16 patties.
- Divide bacon mixture and place over eight of the patties.
- Place remaining patties on top and press edges to seal.
- fry patties until done. check for doneness.
Absolutely incredible flavors going on with this burger. I didn't use the parmesan cheese but subbed it for Kraft American Cheese Slices, one per burger. I cut the slice into quarters and just piled it up in the center with the other goodies. I added more bacon to the tops of the burgers when almost done and then topped the bacon with another slice of American Cheese. I topped my burger with BBQ sauce and DH used ketchup and mustard. Definitely a keeper.