I like to have this sometimes on Sunday for brunch when I want something a little eggy/cheesy. Usually I serve it with a light crisp green salad with some sort of vinaigrette. Other times, usually in summer, I will cut up some fresh fruit, like cantaloupe and pieces of watermelon and strawberries and serve with. It makes a nice light meal. This particular recipe is from Barbara Jones.
- Rub softened butter on the inside surface of pie shell.
- Drain spinach; squeeze out as much liquid as you can.
- Place spinach in pie shell and top with crumbled bacon.
- Whisk together cream, eggs, cheese, salt, and nutmeg.
- Pour mixture into pie shell.
- Bake quiche at 425 F for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 325 F and bake for an additional 35-40 minutes or until quiche is set.