1/1 Photo of Bacon-Spinach Quiche
Cookies, Pies & More's Note:
This does not call for heavy cream like many other quiche recipes I've found. The original recipe is from www.marthastewart.com, which I've altered. I use 6 eggs, not 4 eggs as the recipe calls for. The cheeses I used instead of 1 cup cheddar: Norvegia (Norwegian mild white cheese), mozarella and parmesan. It also calls for 2 tablespoons chopped onion, but I substitute dried chives, powdered onion, and powdered garlic. We had it for dinner , but it would make a great brunch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb cooked bacon, crumbled
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed & drained well
- 6 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup white cheese, grated (or colby or cheddar cheese)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 10 inches pie crusts, unbaked
- 1Combine ingredients.
- 2Pour into pastry-lined quiche dish or uncooked pie crust.
- 3Bake at 400° for 40 minutes or until middle is done.
- 4Serves 6 to 8.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon-Spinach Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 525.5
- Calories from Fat 320
- Total Fat 35.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 240.6 mg
- Sodium 1393.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 29.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: