Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This does not call for heavy cream like many other quiche recipes I've found. The original recipe is from www.marthastewart.com, which I've altered. I use 6 eggs, not 4 eggs as the recipe calls for. The cheeses I used instead of 1 cup cheddar: Norvegia (Norwegian mild white cheese), mozarella and parmesan. It also calls for 2 tablespoons chopped onion, but I substitute dried chives, powdered onion, and powdered garlic. We had it for dinner , but it would make a great brunch.
- 1⁄2 lb cooked bacon, crumbled
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed & drained well
- 6 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup white cheese, grated (or colby or cheddar cheese)
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 10 inches pie crusts, unbaked
- Combine ingredients.
- Pour into pastry-lined quiche dish or uncooked pie crust.
- Bake at 400° for 40 minutes or until middle is done.
- Serves 6 to 8.
Great tasting quiche. It turned out wonderful and followed the recipe just as it is, as I had all the ingredients on hand.
I followed this recipe just as it is written here, just omitted the monzarella and parmesan cheese. I used 1 1/2 cups chedder cheese. It turned out great!