Recipe by Sandi - QLD Australia
A no fail recipe - one that gets rave reviews whenever someone tries it. So easy yet so yummy! Great hot or cold - ideal for school/work lunches. Freezes well. I quadruple the recipe and cook these in bulk to make life easy. These quantities make either 2 family quiches/pies or about 16 small individual ones (I use muffins tins for these). enjoy!
- 4 sheet frozen puff pastry
- 250 g lean bacon, diced
- 2 onions, diced
- 473.18 ml frozen spinach, thawed
- 236.59 ml frozen corn kernels
- 20 g butter
- 6 eggs
- 29.58 ml mayonnaise
- 236.59 ml milk
- 4.92 ml whole grain mustard (optional)
- 236.59 ml tasty cheese, grated
- 1 tomatoes, sliced (garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a frypan, melt butter and sauté onion and bacon until onion is translucent.
- Heat spinach and drain on paper towel. Add drained spinach and corn to bacon and onion mix and cook on low for a further 5 minutes.
- Take off heat and mix in mayonnaise and mustard . Season with salt and pepper to taste. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Beat eggs and milk and add to other ingredients. Add 1/2 of the cheese. Stir to combine.
- Defrost pastry. Grease 2 quiche/pie tins and line with pastry. Divide egg mix evenly between the 2 tins.
- Top with sliced tomato and remaining grated cheese.
- Cook in a preheated oven (200°C/400°F) for 25-30 minutes or until golden and set.