1/3 Photos of Bacon Spinach Asiago Quiche
1 hr 15 mins
Crafty Lady 13's Note:
This is the quiche recipe that I created for RSC #11. It starts off with a homemade crust and then is filled with a delighful combination of eggs, bacon, spinach, asiago and cheddar cheeses, shallots or green onions and sun dried tomatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup shortening (I like to used the butter flavored shortening)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup shredded asiago cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1/4 cup shallots or 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 1For the crust: Mix flour, shortening and salt together with a fork until crumbly. Add water a little at a time until the dough holds together. Mix lightly with fork. Be careful not to over mix the dough or it will come out tough instead of flaky.
- 2Place ball of dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll out to fit a 9" pie pan. Loosely roll the dough onto your rolling pin and place dough in pie pan. Push dough into the pie pan and trim off any excess dough. Finish edges with a fork or by crimping the edges with your fingers.
- 3For the filling: In a large bowl whisk together eggs and milk. Mix in the asiago cheese and 1/2 cup of the cheddar cheese. Add bacon, shallots, sun dried tomatoes, salt, and cayenne pepper. Squeeze out the excess liquid from the spinach and add to the egg mixture. Mix everything together until it is well blended.
- 4Pour into prepared pie crust shell. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese. Bake at 400 degrees F for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted about 2 inches from the edge comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon Spinach Asiago Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 723.0
- Calories from Fat 440
- Total Fat 48.9 g
- Saturated Fat 17.0 g
- Cholesterol 231.9 mg
- Sodium 1088.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 24.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: