1/2 Photos of Bacon, Spinach and Feta Muffin Loaf
1 hr 10 mins
From Recipe+, can also be made into 12 individual muffins, bake at 200C (180C fan forced) for about 20 minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 250 g bacon (middle cut rashers)
- 1 brown onion (medium finely chopped)
- 150 g spinach (baby leaves)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (or extra light olive oil)
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 1 cup milk
- 100 g feta cheese (crumbled)
- 50 g feta cheese (extra)
- butter (to serve)
- 1Preheat oven to 180C (160C fan forced).
- 2Grease a 21cm x 10cm (base measurement) loaf pan.
- 3Remove rind and most of the at from bacon and chop.
- 4Add bacon and onion to a medium non-stick frying pan; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until bacon is crisp and onion is soft.
- 5Remove from pan reserving a 1/4 of the bacon mixture.
- 6Add spinach and oregano to pan; cook and stir until just wilted and remove from pan and cool slightly.
- 7Sift flour and salt into a large bowl and make a well at the centre and add oil, egg and milk and stir until just combined (don't overmix or you will toughen the mix).
- 8Gently fold in spinach mixture and feta until just combined.
- 9Spoon mixture into prepared pan and top with reserved bacon mixture and extra feta.
- 10Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted at centre comes out clean.
- 11Stand pan for 5 minutes and then turn out onto a wire rack to cool slightly and then serve with butter.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon, Spinach and Feta Muffin Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 434.4
- Calories from Fat 303
- Total Fat 33.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 65.4 mg
- Sodium 951.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 11.0 g