Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is my new favorite way to scramble eggs. I don't have the cooking chops to flip an omelet, but I can mix the same ingredients together. It may not be as pretty, but it tastes just as good!
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 slices bacon, sliced
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- Fry chopped bacon in a non stick skillet.
- Beat together egg, egg whites, milk, salt, and pepper.
- When bacon is almost done, add chopped spinach and saute until just wilted.
- Add egg mixture and scramble.
- Top with cheddar cheese.
This was yummy! I did tweak a bit - removed bacon and got rid of most of the bacon grease. I also had fresh mushrooms that I needed to use, so they went in with the spinach. I used 2 eggs instead of 1 egg and 2 whites. I crumbled the bacon on top before serving. Great! Made for Spring 2013 PAC