1/2 Photos of Bacon Spaghetti Squash
Spaghetti squash is known as "the fun squash" because it's so different from any other type of squash you are going to cook. There are also so many different things you can do with it. This is a basic preparation.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the squash in half and carefully remove the seeds.
- 2You might want to use a kitchen scissors to cut around the edge because you don't want to dig into the squash itself (which is easy to do).
- 3Turn upside down in a baking pan.
- 4Bake at 375-degrees until the inside is somewhat soft (about 45 minutes for this sized squash).
- 5Let cool until the squash can be handled and then carefully remove the inside of the squash.
- 6They will come out in threads that look and act much like cooked spaghetti (thus, the name).
- 7There will be a much larger volume of strands than you think!
- 8Cook several pieces of bacon very crisp and chop into bacon bits.
- 9In a skillet, heat some olive oil and/or butter.
- 10Add the spaghetti squash threads.
- 11Toss with spices as desired and the bacon bits.
- 12Heat through and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon Spaghetti Squash
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 121.0
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 6.6 mg
- Sodium 186.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 4.0 g