Recipe by Dancer^
Spaghetti squash is known as "the fun squash" because it's so different from any other type of squash you are going to cook. There are also so many different things you can do with it. This is a basic preparation.
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the squash in half and carefully remove the seeds.
- You might want to use a kitchen scissors to cut around the edge because you don't want to dig into the squash itself (which is easy to do).
- Turn upside down in a baking pan.
- Bake at 375-degrees until the inside is somewhat soft (about 45 minutes for this sized squash).
- Let cool until the squash can be handled and then carefully remove the inside of the squash.
- They will come out in threads that look and act much like cooked spaghetti (thus, the name).
- There will be a much larger volume of strands than you think!
- Cook several pieces of bacon very crisp and chop into bacon bits.
- In a skillet, heat some olive oil and/or butter.
- Add the spaghetti squash threads.
- Toss with spices as desired and the bacon bits.
- Heat through and serve.