Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a quick, easy and inexpensive meal. Great for a large family on a budget. My family isn't that big anymore but there are rarely leftovers. Enjoy! NOTE: Prep and cooking times as well as servings vary!
- Cut bacon and onion into small pieces.
- Cook in pot or large pan till lightly browned and the onions are tender.
- Drain grease.
- Add tomato sauce.
- *Fill 2 of the 4 cans with water and stir.
- transfer water between cans and pour into meat and tomato mixture* Add spices.
- Stir well and let simmer for about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Cook spagetti according to package directions.
- Mix the meat and sauce with the noodles.
- Serve with dinner rolls/brown and serve rolls.
- NOTE: Makes a large amount.
- Can be adjusted to any size.
Awesome! My son thought I had lost it when I said bacon spaghetti for dinner, lol. He loved! Our grocery had bacon for .99 cents for a 12ozs. It has great flavor just easn't in nice pretty slices. So it worked great for this as it was cut up anyways. I also used diced tomatoes in juice instead of just sauce. Served with parm to sprinkleo n top, salad and bread. However just ok for leftovers for me, the bacon gets too soggy. I ate it anyways ;) Will definately make again.
This dish has what a lot of pasta dishes are lacking - FLAVOR. It's probably a heart attack on a plate, though. My daughters liked it with Parmesan cheese on top. Uses both real onion AND onion powder? Count me in. Thanks for the recipe Chrissyd76. I wish you'd post more of your own recipes in addition to just this one. I'm sure they would all be yummy!
Great dish! I did not have an onion or any onion powder strangly enough. I desided instead of taking a trip to the grocery store to just go ahead and make it without. Still came out great. Thanks!