Recipe by Chrissyd76
This is a quick, easy and inexpensive meal. Great for a large family on a budget. My family isn't that big anymore but there are rarely leftovers. Enjoy! NOTE: Prep and cooking times as well as servings vary!
Top Review by RepoGuysWife
Awesome! My son thought I had lost it when I said bacon spaghetti for dinner, lol. He loved! Our grocery had bacon for .99 cents for a 12ozs. It has great flavor just easn't in nice pretty slices. So it worked great for this as it was cut up anyways. I also used diced tomatoes in juice instead of just sauce. Served with parm to sprinkleo n top, salad and bread. However just ok for leftovers for me, the bacon gets too soggy. I ate it anyways ;) Will definately make again.
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 large onion
- 4 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce (save cans)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder (more or less to taste)
- 2 teaspoons onion powder (more or less to taste)
- 2 teaspoons oregano (more or less to taste)
- 2 teaspoons sweet basil (more or less to taste)
- 1 (2 lb) package spaghetti noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut bacon and onion into small pieces.
- Cook in pot or large pan till lightly browned and the onions are tender.
- Drain grease.
- Add tomato sauce.
- *Fill 2 of the 4 cans with water and stir.
- transfer water between cans and pour into meat and tomato mixture* Add spices.
- Stir well and let simmer for about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Cook spagetti according to package directions.
- Mix the meat and sauce with the noodles.
- Serve with dinner rolls/brown and serve rolls.
- NOTE: Makes a large amount.
- Can be adjusted to any size.