dinner is ready for 15 mins,so easy...perfect on this cold weather
Make and share this Bacon Soup With Veggies recipe from Food.com.
- 3 slices cooked bacon
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 small onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 (411 g) can cut green beans
- 1⁄2 cup star-shaped pasta (small)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small carrot
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth or 1 cup beef broth
- 1.chop or scramble the bacon into small pieces,set aside.
- 2.heat the olive oil in skillet,add garlic and wait until its golden brown.
- 3.add the chopped onion and bacon,stir.
- 4.season with italian seasoning,add potatoes(sliced in stick), parsley,and broth.lets boil then add the small pasta or pastina(italian pasta is good).
- 5.simmer for 10 mins then add the carrot and beans,season with salt and serve with garlic bread/toasted bread or baguet,italian bread.
This recipe does need a tender touch! First you need to saute the onions first then the garlic in bacon fat. Garlic would burn and make the soup bitter. I did use this Oven Cooked Bacon With Black Pepper and Brown Sugar for cooking the bacon using organic bacon! I used frozen green beans not a fan of canned unless I canned my fresh grown and picked from my garden. Used my green herb mix Green Herb Seasoned Salt in place of the salt and Italian seasoning. I did add the potatoes (purple, red and white) to the onions along with the diced carrots so it would be cooked as the recipe didn`t state cooked veggies just put them in and serve. Then the recipe is to serve 4 so I upped the broth from 1 cup to (home made with organic grass fed beef broth) 4-5 cups. I then simmered the veggies in the broth till tender. I did pre cook the Stelline pasta then added to the soup. Because I knew one cup dried (what recipe called for) would have made this so thick it would not have been soup! Using 6 ounces of pasta which is 3 servings. I did serve with roasted garlic bread and garnished with crisp bacon pieces. I must say this was 5 stars as I made it. But if an inexperineced chef tries to follow this recipe there would be questions. So Mrs Huffman do make corrections so everyone can enjoy it as much as I did! Thank you! I did make this for http://www.food.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=388806&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0<br/>Pick a Chef 2013.