Recipe by Chippie1
Recipe comes courtesy of "Emeril Live". I watched him make these recently and just had to give them a try. Very good side dish recipe and even my 11 year old scarfed them up. Did modify the recipe to fit our tastes a bit, but did stay with all of his ingredients. Prep time includes trimming the beans, chopping the bacon, and mincing the garlic & shallots.
- 3⁄4 lb fresh green beans (small & ends trimmed)
- 1⁄4 lb bacon (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup shallot (minced)
- 1 teaspoon garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock or 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cooking sherry
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the beans and cook until tender, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Drain in colander and transfer to an ice bath.
- Drain well.
- Fry the bacon in a large skillet and cook until crisp and golden (approximately 5 minutes).
- Add the shallots& garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the flour and cook, stiring constantly for 2 minutes.
- Add the stock, salt, pepper, and wine and cook until thickened (about 4 minutes).
- Add the green beans and cook until warmed through (2 minutes).