Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A recipe from the Everyday With Rachael Ray magazine. I have made it quite often and love it more every time!
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add onion, celery, bell pepper, and garlic.
- Cook until vegetables are softened, about 7 minutes; push to side of the skillet, add ground beef and cook, stirring to break up clumps, until cooked through, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in the ketchup and Worcestershire sauce and cook until thickened, about 5 minutes more.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on toasted buns.
These were really good Sloppy Joes. A definite difference than the package one that you add the tomato paste to. The difference to me was it wasn't as sweet. Had a delicious flavor though. I thought it was going to be to much worcestershire sauce but it really blended in so well. I really like the fact that it is done in a short time with one pan to clean. I only had hamburger buns but I think next time I would use onion rolls, I think it would give it a bit of a sweet taste that I miss. Thanks for sharing your recipe Shelby, my DD and her BF and myself really enjoyed these.
These were very good. I drained off the fat and was able to make a smaller batch. The bacon gives these a good flavor. I used red and yellow peppers and spiced it up with some hot sauce
These were really good and a little bit different than your average sloppy Joe. My family enjoyed them a lot! Thanks for sharing.