Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
My neighbor had this sandwich at her get together this past weekend and it looked terrific.There was an assortment of course but these didn't last long. This is the slaw recipe Cabbage Slaw With Dill
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon
- 4 pieces white bread, toasted
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup cabbage slaw with dill
- 1 large heirloom tomato
- salt and pepper
- In a large skillet, fry the bacon over medium heat until it's crispy, set it aside on a paper towel to drain.
- Toast the bread so that it's crisp and brown on the outside, and firm but softer on the inside. Let the slices cool briefly, then spread equal amounts of mayonnaise on each slice.
- Spread the 1/4 cup slaw on two of the slices of bread. Cut the tomatoes into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Arrange the slices evenly on top of the slaw, and season them with a sprinkling of salt and a generous amount of pepper.
- Top with the bacon and the other piece of bread. Press each sandwich down gently, and cut it in half diagonally with a serrated knife.
Luscious! Love the coleslaw in this-better than lettuce. TY, Annacia for sharing.
What a great idea to use coleslaw!! I loved it, with the bacon and tomato, it was perfect :) I used an Asian inspired coleslaw...was delicious :)
Oh, this was so good. I was mmmmming all the way through the sandwich! The Cabbage Slaw with Dill went perfectly with the veggie bacon, fresh from the garden tomato and whole wheat bread. Thank you for a keeper!