Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
Shrimp and Bacon go together so well these were wonderful and they disappear quickly.
- 20 slices bacon
- 2 bunches basil
- 40 medium shrimp, peeled,tails on,and deveined
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 lemons, cut into wedges
- Preheat broiler.
- Cut bacon strips in half widthwise.
- On a large cutting board lay bacon strips flat.
- Place a basil leaf in the middle of each piece of bacon.
- Place a shrimp on top of the basil with the tail at a right angle to the bacon strip.
- Wrap the bacon around the shrimp and place seam side down on a broiling pan; secure with toothpick if desired.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Broil, 4 to 5 inches from the heat for 3 minutes.
- Turn over and broil another 3 minutes, or until the shrimp are pink and curled and the bacon is crisp.
- Squeeze lemon juice over cooked shrimp just before serving.