Dedicated to all my friends who make delicious German potato salad. Keep your wonderful recipes coming! :)
- 3 lbs potatoes
- 1 onion
- 1⁄2 salad cucumber
- 1 radish
- 3 tablespoons fresh chives
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon instant vegetable bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon coarse ground mustard
- salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds, crushed
- 2 1⁄2 ounces bacon
- 12 ounces fillets of sole
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons capers
- Wash potatoes; cook 20 minutes in boiling water.
- Chop onion; thinly slice cucumber and radish; finely cut chives.
- Heat oil; cook onion with about 5 ounces of water, the vegetable bouillon, and the vinegar until the liquid dissolves.
- Make a marinade with onions, mustard, salt and pepper to taste, chives, and mustard seeds.
- Drain potatoes; peel and slice while warm.
- Mix potatoes with cucumber, radishes, and marinade mix; allow to sit 20 minutes.
- Dice bacon; season with salt and pepper and dredge in flour.
- Heat up butter and brown bacon; remove from pan.
- Place fish in pan and add bacon and capers; cook fish 5-6 minutes per side on low heat, covered, or until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Arrange fish on plate with some potato salad.
The mild fish was a nice contrast to the salad. I used more cucumber and radish and less potatoes just to lessen the carb count and it worked well. Made for ZWT #6.