Recipe by Tish
We've been messing with this recipe to get it right and I think we have it. The taste with the bacon and scallions makes these potatoes rich in flavor and probably higher in calories than most of us want to look at...but then don't you have to enjoy food!
Top Review by Shorty55
you are so right this recipe is so delicious i fixed it for thanksgiving and everyone thought that i had gotten my mashed potates from applebees but i made them my self well that you for your time
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled,cut into 1 ",cubes
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 5 slices bacon, cut into 1/2 ",pieces
- 1 cup thinly sliced scallion
- 1⁄2 cup milk, warmed (can use low-fat)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (can use low-fat)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, cover potatoes and garlic with lightly salted water.
- Boil until potatoes are fork tender.
- Fry bacon in skillet until crisp; drain on paper towels.
- Pour out all but 1 tsp bacon grease from pan.
- Add scallions to grease, saute until soft, but not brown.
- Add bacon.
- Drain potatoes and return to pot.
- Mash potatoes with milk, sour cream, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in bacon and scallions.
- Reheat, if necessary, before serving.