1/1 Photo of Bacon Scallion Mashed Potatoes like Applebee's
We've been messing with this recipe to get it right and I think we have it. The taste with the bacon and scallions makes these potatoes rich in flavor and probably higher in calories than most of us want to look at...but then don't you have to enjoy food!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large pot, cover potatoes and garlic with lightly salted water.
- 2Boil until potatoes are fork tender.
- 3Fry bacon in skillet until crisp; drain on paper towels.
- 4Pour out all but 1 tsp bacon grease from pan.
- 5Add scallions to grease, saute until soft, but not brown.
- 6Add bacon.
- 7Drain potatoes and return to pot.
- 8Mash potatoes with milk, sour cream, salt, and pepper.
- 9Stir in bacon and scallions.
- 10Reheat, if necessary, before serving.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon Scallion Mashed Potatoes like Applebee's
Serving Size: 1 (326 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 308.4
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 26.0 mg
- Sodium 720.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 8.0 g