Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
We've been messing with this recipe to get it right and I think we have it. The taste with the bacon and scallions makes these potatoes rich in flavor and probably higher in calories than most of us want to look at...but then don't you have to enjoy food!
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled,cut into 1 ",cubes
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 5 slices bacon, cut into 1/2 ",pieces
- 1 cup thinly sliced scallion
- 1⁄2 cup milk, warmed (can use low-fat)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (can use low-fat)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large pot, cover potatoes and garlic with lightly salted water.
- Boil until potatoes are fork tender.
- Fry bacon in skillet until crisp; drain on paper towels.
- Pour out all but 1 tsp bacon grease from pan.
- Add scallions to grease, saute until soft, but not brown.
- Add bacon.
- Drain potatoes and return to pot.
- Mash potatoes with milk, sour cream, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in bacon and scallions.
- Reheat, if necessary, before serving.
you are so right this recipe is so delicious i fixed it for thanksgiving and everyone thought that i had gotten my mashed potates from applebees but i made them my self well that you for your time
I absolutely loved this recipe! I was a bit lazy and threw my scallions in at the very end and let the heat of the potatoes warm them up. I also used plain yogurt in place of the sour cream, and skim milk which worked out fine. LOVED it with the bacon. This might be a new favourite! Thanks!
These were really good. I also used low fat sour cream and milk with no problems. Loved the bacon and scallions. Thanks for sharing.