Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is an easy very tasty breakfast. I usually make it Christmas morning after we open presents.
- 1 pillsbury pie crust (or cresent rolls)
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄2 lb breakfast sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 8 ounces swiss cheese, shredded
- 7 -8 eggs
- 12 ounces sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- In a 9x13 pan lay the crescent roll down with out separating.
- Bake at 425°F oven for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle bacon, sausage and cheese evenly over crust.
- In a bowl, beat eggs, sour cream and parsley until smooth.
- Pour over the casserole.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the casserole is puffy and lightly brown.
I love this recipe. I did find that you need to lower the temperature because 425 for 20 minutes causes the crescent rolls to burn. I baked it at 425 for the first five minutes like the directions say, but then turn it down to 350 for 30 minutes. Comes out just right.
Tastes good. I would recommend greasing the baking dish if you use crescent rolls, I didn't the first time because the pack I used said that they were to be baked on an ungreased pan and it stuck to the bottom a little bit. My oven is a little hot, I think, so I bake at a lower temp for a little bit longer. Also tastes good with cheddar.
I used the crescent rolls instead of the pie crust. Everyone asked for seconds. The swiss cheese flavor is really good. I'm thinking that you could probably add 1 or 2 more eggs to the egg mixture and get a little bit of a higher egg layer on it. But the recipe turns out perfect as written, also. Thanks for posting it.