1/1 Photo of Bacon Rosemary Frittata
leigh ann terry's Note:
this recipe was born on a really cold winter morning. all we had to work with were the dwindling items in the fridge and no desire to brave the elements and go out. this was what we came up with! the quantities that i have listed are approximations; adjust to your taste and play around with the ingredients! almost anything you have on hand is going to be great!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1add the olive oil and 1/2 of the butter to a warm, oven-proof skillet.
- 2just melt the butter preheat oven to 350 degrees (my oven cooks very hot, if yours does not i would go to 375.) fry the bacon until crispy.
- 3do not drain the skillet (the turkey bacon that we get renders very little fat.) remove the bacon and drain on paper towels.
- 4in a seperate bowl combine the eggs and half and half and beat well.
- 5add the rosemary, salt and pepper.
- 6add the last 1/2 tablespoon of butter to the skillet and just melt.
- 7add the eggs.
- 8cook over medium to medium low heat, tilting skillet until the bottom is coated and just starting to cook.
- 9crumble the bacon over the eggs and add the cheese, reserving a bit of the cheese for later.
- 10cook until just setting up, about 2 minutes.
- 11do not stir the eggs or you will just scramble them.
- 12remove from burner and bake for 15 minutes, sprinkling the reserved cheese over the top at the last minute to brown.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon Rosemary Frittata
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 416.9
- Calories from Fat 306
- Total Fat 34.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 593.2 mg
- Sodium 672.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 24.1 g