Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From an old 1979 issue of Southern Living. My 21 year old son still requests this treat often.
Make and share this Bacon Rollups recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese with chives (softened)
- 1 tablespoon milk or 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 25 slices mixed grain bread (crusts removed & cut in half)
- 25 slices bacon (cut in half)
- parsley sprig (optional)
- Combine cream cheese and milk (or mayonnaise) stirring until of spreading consistency.
- Spread 1 teaspoon of cheese mixture on each halved bread slice.
- Roll tightly from the smallest end.
- Wrap with bacon and secure with toothpick.
- Place on broiler pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes.
- Turn if necessary.
- Garnish with parsley if desired.
- Note: These may be assembled ahead of time and frozen before cooking. To serve, remove frozen rollups from freezer and allow to thaw in the refrigerator over night. Then bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 to 40 minutes.
I made these for a brunch and they were gone in no time! I loved the fact that I could make them a few days in advance and freeze them. I ended up using white bread instead of the mixed grain but I'm sure the mixed grain tastes better. I baked them for 30 minutes and then broiled them for a moment just to toast the bread a golden brown. I think I will serve this at my next brunch as well!
Easy and delicious. Very impressive looking for guests and family. These were the first to disappear at my family reunion this past weekend! Will definitely make this one again and again and again......
I had this recipe years ago but lost it and have been making it from faulty memory! I was so glad to see it here.