Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is from www.tasteofhome.com
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups cubed day-old bread
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 10 slices bacon
- In a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender.
- In a bowl, combine the bread cubes, celery salt, garlic powder, salt, pepper and onion mixture; toss to mix evenly.
- Add egg; toss to coat bread cubes.
- Roll into ten 1-1/4-in. balls.
- Wrap a bacon strip around each ball.
- Secure with a toothpick.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon roll-ups on all sides over medium heat for 18 minutes or until bacon is crisp and a meat thermometer inserted into stuffing reads at least 160°. Drain on paper towels.
- Yield: 10 roll-ups.