Recipe by pines506
I cant' remember where I got this, but these are great little appetizers. Pepperidge Farm bread works well as it is square. I have also omitted the garlic powder and parsley and use dry ranch seasoning mix instead.
Top Review by Bobbie
So good! But as "vote for Pedro" said, these took much longer in the oven to cook. I actually had them in the oven for about 23 minutes. I think one of the problems might be the cut of the bacon. Even though I used the same premium brand of bacon I usually buy, I noticed the slices seemed a little thicker. Plus when I cut the strips in half, they overlapped on the bread roll-ups which probably required the longer cooking time. I think the next time I make these, I'll buy the "center cut" bacon -- the slices are not as long and a little leaner. But don't be fooled -- I loved the recipe and look forward to making it again.
- 1 lb loaf sandwich bread
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 lb bacon, cut in half
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F Grease or line a baking sheet.
- Cut the crusts off of the bread slices, then cut each piece of bread into 3 equal rectangles.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, garlic powder and parsley.
- Spread a layer of cream cheese mixture on each bread rectangle, and roll up.
- Wrap a slice of bacon around each of the bread rolls and secure them with toothpicks.
- Arrange the roll ups on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until the bacon is crisp, approximately 20 minutes.