Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Bread spread with cream of mushroom soup and wrapped in bacon!! These go very fast so make sure you make plenty! (They also freeze well!)
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 loaf bread
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (cream of chicken soup also works well)
- Cut crusts off bread slices and then cut all slices in half.
- Cut all slices of bacon into thirds.
- Spread all of the crustless bread halves with cream of mushroom soup. Take 1/3 of slice of bacon and lay the bread slice on top of it, and roll up. Secure with a toothpick. Place on cookie sheet (that has lip on it) Continue until all bread is used up.
- You can freeze them at this point or bake in the oven on 425 degrees until browned--approximately 20 minutes (turn 1/2 way through baking). (Do not broil as the bread will burn before the bacon is sufficiently cooked).
- Note: If you freeze them, you don't have to defrost them before cooking.
I've been making these 40+ years since a cooking class at Burbank High School. My recipe includes one packet of Lipton Onion Soup Mix added to the cream of mushroom soup. Also, in the recipe iI have it says to use THIN sliced white bread and THIN sliced bacon. One other thing, we cut the bacon strips in 1/2 and the bread in thirds. <br/><br/>This is a family Super Bowl must have. This year my 19 and12 yr old nieces are learning to make the rollups. It's amazing!!
My mother in law gave me this recipe. I couldn't believe something so simple could taste so good!
I was skeptical, but they are surprisingly tasty. Next time, I will spread the mushroom soup more generously. Very quick, easy and they freeze well. I did not have to pre-cook the bacon. I just watched in the oven and adjusted the temp accordingly.