Recipe by Pinay0618
Chicken thighs and drumsticks wrapped in bacon and seasoned with a simple mix of herbs and spices. This was easy, cheap, and tasted wonderful! Recipe originally posted at allrecipes.com.
Top Review by under12parsecs
This is a nice recipe, though next time I will definitely par-cook the bacon before wrapping the chicken. And I would also add some extra herbs and seasonings. After tasting the chicken, I drizzled everything with a honey-balsamic reduction for some added flavor and thought it was nice. I also added some carrots along with the potatoes because I had some that needed using.
- 6 chicken thighs
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- 12 slices center-cut bacon
- salt and black pepper
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs baby dutch yellow potatoes
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon adobo seasoning
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wrap each chicken piece in a slice of bacon, trying to cover as much of the chicken as possible. Place the wrapped chicken pieces in a 9x13 inch baking dish, season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle the onion over the chicken. Push potatoes down into the spaces between the chicken pieces and around the edge of the dish.
- Combine the chives, basil, garlic powder, adobo seasoning, and black pepper in a small bowl, and sprinkle the seasoning to taste over the chicken and potatoes.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour, until the bacon is crisp and brown and the potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with salt, if desired, and serve hot.