This is not a healthy dish by any means, but it is delicious. The chicken breasts turn out juicy and tender and are topped with a layer each of bacon and melted, browned smoked gouda. Yummm!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2In an oven-safe skillet (NOT cast iron), cook bacon over medium heat or until crispy and fat-rendered. Set bacon slices aside on a paper towel to drain. Once cooled, crumble and set aside. Do not drain bacon fat from skillet.
- 3While bacon is cooking, season chicken breasts on both sides with thyme, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Then dust both wides of each breast with 1 tbs. flour each.
- 4Bring skillet to medium-high heat. Lightly brown both sides of chicken breasts for approximately five minutes each side. Don't worry if they don't cook through. Remove breasts to a clean plate, cover and set aside.
- 5Remove skillet from heat and deglaze with white wine. Remove from heat.
- 6Return breasts to skillet, arrange crumbled bacon evenly over both and arrange gouda slices atop bacon layer.
- 7Roast in oven for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, and cheese has melted and begun to brown.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon Roasted Chicken Breast Smothered in Smoked Gouda
Serving Size: 1 (299 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 904.2
- Calories from Fat 585
- Total Fat 65.0 g
- Saturated Fat 30.6 g
- Cholesterol 252.9 mg
- Sodium 1689.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 64.7 g