2 hrs 30 mins
The bacon helps to 'baste' the chicken while it cooks. Recipe can be adjusted to any size whole chicken. Recipe is from All Recipes. It makes a delicious Sunday dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- 2Rub butter over the entire chicken.
- 3Season with salt, pepper and thyme.
- 4Place the carrots inside the cavity, and tie the legs together.
- 5Place the chicken breast side up in a roasting pan.
- 6Lay bacon strips across the top of the chicken, and secure with toothpicks.
- 7Sprinkle with paprika.
- 8Pour the beef broth into the roasting pan - do not pour over the bacon.
- 9Roast for 15 minutes in the preheated oven, the reduce the heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 10Baste with some of the broth.
- 11Continue to roast for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until the internal temperature is 180 degrees F (82 degrees C) when taken in the thickest part of the thigh.
- 12Baste every 15 minutes with the broth.
- 13Remove the bacon and discard toothpicks.
- 14Roast the chicken for 15 more minutes to brown the skin.
- 15Transfer to a serving platter, and remove the ties.
- 16You may eat the bacon, but it is best to discard the carrots.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon Roasted Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (311 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 519.2
- Calories from Fat 358
- Total Fat 39.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 160.0 mg
- Sodium 567.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 35.8 g