Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 6 -10 slices bacon
- 1 small onion
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple tidbits
- 1⁄4 cup water chestnut
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup rice, par boiled
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- fresh ground pepper
- chop bacon to bacon bits.
- chop water chestnuts to little cubes.
- cook the diced bacon with onions until tender.
- separate the bacon and the bacon grease.
- combine the bacon grease, butter and water in separate pot.
- cook rice for 15 minutes as normal.
- this allows the bacon flavour into the rice.
- combine cooked rice and remaining ingredients (chopped water chestnuts, chopped bacon, onions and pineapple).
- salt and pepper to taste.
- serve with ham or beef.