Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
A creamy potato salad with the zing of ranch and crunchy bacon. I made this recipe up after having leftover bacon from breakfast.
- 2 -3 lbs russet potatoes
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup prepared ranch dressing
- 2 dill pickles, chopped
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cracked pepper (a few turns of a pepper grinder is good)
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- Quarter and chop potatoes. Rinse thoroughly and place in a large pot. Add enough water to cover, 1/2 of the salt and bring to a boil, cooking until tender. Drain thouroughly.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix mayonaise, ranch dressing, bacon, chives and remaining salt and the pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, place potatoes, eggs, and pickles. Add dressing mixture and gently mix until potatoes are coated and ingredients are well mixed. Chill or enjoy warm.
This recipe is absolutely delicious! I made it just as written, except for using sweet pickles instead of dill. I'm not a big potato salad fan, but I just couldn't get enough of this stuff!