Recipe by CaliMay
A creamy potato salad with the zing of ranch and crunchy bacon. I made this recipe up after having leftover bacon from breakfast.
Top Review by scfl76
This recipe is absolutely delicious! I made it just as written, except for using sweet pickles instead of dill. I'm not a big potato salad fan, but I just couldn't get enough of this stuff!
- 2 -3 lbs russet potatoes
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup prepared ranch dressing
- 2 dill pickles, chopped
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cracked pepper (a few turns of a pepper grinder is good)
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Quarter and chop potatoes. Rinse thoroughly and place in a large pot. Add enough water to cover, 1/2 of the salt and bring to a boil, cooking until tender. Drain thouroughly.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix mayonaise, ranch dressing, bacon, chives and remaining salt and the pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, place potatoes, eggs, and pickles. Add dressing mixture and gently mix until potatoes are coated and ingredients are well mixed. Chill or enjoy warm.