Recipe by Chef Gary in Mesquite, TX
A casserole that tastes much like a baked potato, but with a hint of Ranch.
Top Review by pamela t.
Well, this is "man" food--comfort food at its best. Nice flavor with the bacon and Hidden Valley dressing. Certainly, you can lighten the fat content up with reduced calorie margarine, chicken broth in place of sour cream, turkey bacon, reduced cal cheese, but that's not really the point. If you don't mind the carbs, fat, and calories, this recipe is great. Very tasty. Men around the world will sigh and hold their bellies (very full bellies) after having a plate of this. Thanks for posting the recipe.
- 3 large baking potatoes, baked, peeled, and coarsely mashed
- 1⁄4 cup butter (or 1/4 cup margarine)
- 1⁄4 cup green onion top
- 1 tablespoon dried chives (or 2 tablespoons fresh chives)
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked crisp, drained, and crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper