Recipe by senseicheryl
Remember the Betty Crocker Suddenly Salad? This is close... but better. Careful, though - its pretty addictive! This recipe and many others can be found at the www.recipe4living.com website.
Top Review by Stephsfanny
Quick, easy, and yummy! I added a spoonful of sour cream with the mayo and a can of cooked chicken breast chunks, to make it a little more hearty. I was thinking sliced olives and green onions or chives might be a good addition, too.
- 2 cups pasta (uncooked shells)
- 5 baby carrots, shredded (or 1 large regular carrot)
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise, more if desired but NOT miracle whip
- 1 ounce hidden valley ranch dressing mix (or 1/2 of a .4 oz. package of the buttermilk version)
- 1⁄4 cup bacon bits (I use Hormel REAL bacon bits or pieces)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, mix mayo, dressing mix, bacon bits, shredded carrots and onion powder. Chill this mixture while you continue making the rest of the salad.
- Cook pasta al dente, drain and cool. Fold in pasta carefully.
- Gently fold in peas last.
- Chill for several hours and serve chilled or at room temperature.
- Refresh salad if needed with a tiny bit of mayo, but it usually doesn't need it.
- Garnish top with more bacon bits pieces. You can never have too much bacon.