Remember the Betty Crocker Suddenly Salad? This is close... but better. Careful, though - its pretty addictive! This recipe and many others can be found at the www.recipe4living.com website.
My Private Note
large s ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups pasta (uncooked shells)
- 5 baby carrots, shredded (or 1 large regular carrot)
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise, more if desired but NOT miracle whip
- 1 ounce hidden valley ranch dressing mix (or 1/2 of a .4 oz. package of the buttermilk version)
- 1/4 cup bacon bits (I use Hormel REAL bacon bits or pieces)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1In large bowl, mix mayo, dressing mix, bacon bits, shredded carrots and onion powder. Chill this mixture while you continue making the rest of the salad.
- 2Cook pasta al dente, drain and cool. Fold in pasta carefully.
- 3Gently fold in peas last.
- 4Chill for several hours and serve chilled or at room temperature.
- 5Refresh salad if needed with a tiny bit of mayo, but it usually doesn't need it.
- 6Garnish top with more bacon bits pieces. You can never have too much bacon.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (567 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1509.9
- Calories from Fat 560
- Total Fat 62.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 45.8 mg
- Sodium 1463.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 205.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.9 g
- Sugars 25.1 g
- Protein 33.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hidden valley ranch dressing mix