Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is a cold macaroni salad, great for barbeques or just a summer day!
- 1 (12 ounce) box noodles, cooked and chilled
- 5 -7 slices bacon (I use turkey)
- 1⁄2 cup peas, canned, or frozen (if using frozen, boil & cool before adding)
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 ranch dressing mix
- 3⁄4-1 1⁄4 cup Miracle Whip light (sufficient to coat)
- Cut bacon into small bits and fry until very crispy. Drain and let cool.
- Shred carrots, and mix with peas, noodles, and bacon in a large bowl.
- Cover with the Miracle Whip.
- Mix in Ranch packet.
- Best if chilled overnight.
Very good! I made with mini penne pasta and mayo rather than miracle whip so I added 1 1/2 tsp Splenda since Miracle Whip is a little sweeter (I think). Used frozen peas that I steamed for 1 minute so they would be a little more firm. Made for Spring PAC 2013.
Looks good! Think I'll substitute a jar of pimentos and a diced green pepper instead of the peas & carrots (just a personal preference). Small cubes of cheddar would be good in this too.