1 hr 1 min
These little cups are wonderful! However, I veered slightly from the original recipe. I added some horseradish and used onion/chives cream cheese. They make nice appetizers! It was originally the recipe of Doris Geist, from Bethlehem, Pa. Bake-Off 34 in Phoenix, 1990. I have some nerve changing a Bake-Off recipe don't I? It came about because I bought the wrong type of cheese and then decided to add a little kick to it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 slices bacon or 5 slices turkey bacon, crispy
- 1 (8 ounce) container cream cheese with chives and onions
- 1/4 teaspoon horseradish cream (from jar)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 ounces shredded swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions (white and green parts)
- 1 (12 ounce) can pillsbury golden layers refrigerated biscuits
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1Heat oven to 375°F.
- 2Spray 10 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3In medium skillet cook bacon until crispy.
- 4Drain on paper towels.
- 5Crumble bacon, set aside.
- 6Meanwhile, beat onion/chive cream cheese in small bowl until smooth.
- 7Gradually add milk and horseradish, beating at low speed until smooth.
- 8Stir in Swiss cheese and onions. Set aside.
- 9Separate dough into 10 biscuits.
- 10Press or roll each to form 5-inch round.
- 11Place 1 biscuit round in each sprayed muffin cup; firmly press in bottom and up sides, forming 1/4-inch rim.
- 12Place half the bacon in bottom of dough-lined muffin cups.
- 13Spoon cheese mixture evenly into cups.
- 14Bake for 21-25 minutes or until filling is set and edges of biscuit cups are golden brown.
- 15Sprinkle each with remaining bacon; lightly press into filling.
- 16Remove cups from pan.
- 17Serve hot or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon Quiche Biscuit Cups
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 418.5
- Calories from Fat 230
- Total Fat 25.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 111.3 mg
- Sodium 1060.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 13.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cream cheese with chives and onions