Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These little cups are wonderful! However, I veered slightly from the original recipe. I added some horseradish and used onion/chives cream cheese. They make nice appetizers! It was originally the recipe of Doris Geist, from Bethlehem, Pa. Bake-Off 34 in Phoenix, 1990. I have some nerve changing a Bake-Off recipe don't I? It came about because I bought the wrong type of cheese and then decided to add a little kick to it!
- 5 slices bacon or 5 slices turkey bacon, crispy
- 1 (8 ounce) container cream cheese with chives and onions
- 1⁄4 teaspoon horseradish cream (from jar)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 ounces shredded swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions (white and green parts)
- 1 (12 ounce) canpillsbury golden layers refrigerated biscuits
- nonstick cooking spray
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Spray 10 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- In medium skillet cook bacon until crispy.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Crumble bacon, set aside.
- Meanwhile, beat onion/chive cream cheese in small bowl until smooth.
- Gradually add milk and horseradish, beating at low speed until smooth.
- Stir in Swiss cheese and onions. Set aside.
- Separate dough into 10 biscuits.
- Press or roll each to form 5-inch round.
- Place 1 biscuit round in each sprayed muffin cup; firmly press in bottom and up sides, forming 1/4-inch rim.
- Place half the bacon in bottom of dough-lined muffin cups.
- Spoon cheese mixture evenly into cups.
- Bake for 21-25 minutes or until filling is set and edges of biscuit cups are golden brown.
- Sprinkle each with remaining bacon; lightly press into filling.
- Remove cups from pan.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.