Prep 50 mins
Cook 58 mins
An excellent breakfast, brunch, or main dish recipe.
- 1 prepared 9-inch deep dish pie crust
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped pimento stuffed olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped green bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- Prick the bottom and sides of pie pastry with fork.
- Bake at 400° for 3 minutes; remove from oven; gently prick again with fork; bake 5 more minutes; set aside to cool.
- Sprinkle bacon, olives, green pepper, and onion into cooled pie pastry.
- Sprinkle mushrooms, then Swiss cheese evenly over other vegetables; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs.
- Add in the half-and-half and mustard; stir to combine.
- Pour egg mixture into pastry shell.
- Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until set (may need to cover pastry shell edges with foil to prevent over-browning).
- Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.