Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
In this recipe, the ingredients are tossed into the pasta, rather than forming a sauce. Great for a quick and easy mid-week meal with salad. I use Kent or Jap pumpkin, available in Australia, and free-range bacon. You can make your own pesto, or buy it ready-made. I like the Sacla brand. Recipe adapted from "Australian Good Taste" magazine.
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C.
- Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper, and place the pumpkin in a single layer onto the prepared tray. Spray with olive oil spray and season with salt and pepper. Bake pumpkin in oven for around 25 minutes or until tender.
- Bring a large pan of lightly salted water to the boil, then cook pasta according to the packet directions, until al dente. Drain and return to the pan.
- Saute the bacon in a shallow non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add pesto to pasta and toss until coated, then add pumpkin and bacon and toss again until well combined.
- Divide among serving bowls and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
Fabulous pasta recipe and so easy to make. I used kumara (orange sweet potato) instead of pumpkin but followed the recipe apart from this. The whole family love this one! Thanks for posting!