Recipe by PsychoCasseroleStepmom
This is a delicious variation on potato salad. I found this recipe on the internet after I had it at an event catered by Backyard Burger. I don't know if this is the exact recipe they use but it is very similar. I serve the crumbled bacon separately so the vegetarians in our family can still enjoy.
- 5 lbs red potatoes, boiled, sliced
- 1 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, fried, drained, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, diced (optional)
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 1 (8 ounce) packet ranch dressing mix
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) cansliced black olives (optional)
- crumbled blue cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix potatoes, mayonnaise, sour cream, bacon, green onions, eggs, celery, and dressing mix. Add equal parts of more mayo and sour cream if not moist enough. Put in bowl, chill. Top with bleu cheese and black olives. (They can be optional).
- This recipe also makes a great chicken or turkey salad, substitute the potatoes with the meat, and add some chopped pecans or almonds.