Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A great summer side dish from Southern Living. I adjusted their recipe slightly, since the original had too much mustard and not enough bacon for my taste!
- 1814.36 g red potatoes
- 226.79 g container sour cream
- 236.59 ml light mayonnaise
- 29.58 ml Dijon mustard or 29.58 ml creole mustard
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 14.79 ml dried parsley flakes
- 8 slice bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Place potatoes and water to cover in a large pot; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain and let cool. Cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- Stir together sour cream and next 4 ingredients.
- Stir together potatoes, sour cream mixture, green onions, and parsley in a large bowl. Cover and chill at least 1 hour; keep chilled until ready to serve.
- Stir in bacon just before serving.
I have made this several times, & it's always well received. Spicy brown mustard tastes great in this potato salad. Thanks for posting!
This recipe was made on 4/5/10 for the " Soup,Salad,and Sandwich " And since I made it just for me, the amount was adjusted accordingly. I used about 1 1/2 pounds of red potatoes,cooked them until fork tender.For the sour cream, mayo, and mustard were adjusted to taste.Also, the salt and pepper was adjusted to taste. And I used a couple of Tablespoons of green onions, a couple of shakes of dried parsley. The amount of bacon was reduced to 3 slices. I found that this potato salad had a very light and tangy taste. Thank you for taking the time to post this recipe. " Keep Smiling :) "
Excellent potato salad! I used left over baked potatoes (re-heated, so they would more readily absorb the flavors), and this tasted like a tangy stuffed potato. The mustard adds a nice zip. Thank you for a great recipe!