Recipe by demi_quinn
Baked layers of bacon, onion, and potatoes smothered with a creamy sauce and topped with a crisp crumb and cheese topping which would make a good afternoon snack or as a siding to your main dish. Requested this from a TV show, havent tried it tho. Dont know how long it would take.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 pieces large potatoes, peeled and sliced thinly
- 250 g bacon, diced and fried
- 1 large onion, sliced into rings
- 2 (250 g) packetsclara ole classic onion and garlic pasta sauce
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 250 ml heavy cream
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- salt, pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven or turbo broiler to 350-375 degrees F.
- Butter the bottom and sides of a glass or foil-baking dish.
- Line the bottom with potato slices.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Spread bacon slices and onion rings on top of potato layer.
- Dot area with Clara Olé Onion and Garlic Sauce then sprinkle grated cheese.
- Repeat the layers until the pan is full.
- Pour the heavy cream over the last layer then top with breadcrumbs.
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 – 1-½ hours, removing the cover at the last 15 minutes of baking to brown top.
- Serve as a siding to chicken, pork, beef or fish.