5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. I like this recipe for many reasons I love the flavors of potato skins but not the huge fat and calorie content, this is a better alternative. It is also versatile because you can use whatever type of cheese you like and even add vegetables if you like. Another great option is to make smaller bowls and use as an appetizer. Very easy to make!!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cover the bottom of a muffin pan with tin foil.
- 2Take 4(1/2 slice) pieces of bacon and weave them together ( like a basket).
- 3Lay across the bottom foil covered muffin tin to make a bowl shape press tightly to foil.
- 4Repeat this process for the other five.
- 5Bake in a preheated 350 oven about 20 minutes or until bacon is crispy ( may vary with ovens and thickness of bacon.).
- 6Meanwhile prepare Simply Potatoes traditional mashed potatoes according to package directions. When fully cooked stir in 1/4cup shredded cheddar cheese.
- 7When bacon is crispy remove and set aside to cool slightly about 3 minutes.
- 8Next take the bacon bowls and turn them over and place on a lined cookie sheet (no mess).
- 9Fill the bacon cups with the potato mixture.
- 10Top each one with remaining cheddar cheese.
- 11Return to oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is nicely melted and warm.
- 12top each potato bowl with a dollop of sour cream and chopped green onions.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon Potato Bowls #5FIX
Serving Size: 1 (47 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 163.3
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 34.0 mg
- Sodium 257.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 6.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes