Recipe by Christine MT
A nice sunday breakfast! Recipe found years ago in a magazine.
Top Review by DeniseBC
I didn't think this was going to turn out when I slid it into the oven, but it did and looked great! Guests liked it. I didn't have a non-stick pan with an ovenproof handle, so I used my cast iron skillet which worked pretty well; next time I'll leave a little more bacon grease in that pan. Be sure to cut your potatoes really thinly or cooking time for those will definitely have to increase. Next time I'll also put the bacon into the potato mixture before pouring the egg in, but it was very good! Thanks for sharing!
- 4 slices bacon, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 3⁄4 lb small red potato, thinly sliced
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 6 eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown bacon in nonstick skillet, with ovenproof handle, 5 minutes.
- Transfer bacon to papertowel to drain.
- Pour off all but 1 tablespoon fat.
- Add potato, onion and rosemary.
- Cover; lower heat; cook, turning slices, until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Whisk eggs, water, salt and pepper in bowl.
- Pour over potatoes.
- Stir in bacon.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, in 350 degree oven until set, 8 to 10 minutes.