Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A nice sunday breakfast! Recipe found years ago in a magazine.
- 4 slices bacon, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 3⁄4 lb small red potato, thinly sliced
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 6 eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground paprika
- Brown bacon in nonstick skillet, with ovenproof handle, 5 minutes.
- Transfer bacon to papertowel to drain.
- Pour off all but 1 tablespoon fat.
- Add potato, onion and rosemary.
- Cover; lower heat; cook, turning slices, until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Whisk eggs, water, salt and pepper in bowl.
- Pour over potatoes.
- Stir in bacon.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, in 350 degree oven until set, 8 to 10 minutes.
I didn't think this was going to turn out when I slid it into the oven, but it did and looked great! Guests liked it. I didn't have a non-stick pan with an ovenproof handle, so I used my cast iron skillet which worked pretty well; next time I'll leave a little more bacon grease in that pan. Be sure to cut your potatoes really thinly or cooking time for those will definitely have to increase. Next time I'll also put the bacon into the potato mixture before pouring the egg in, but it was very good! Thanks for sharing!
I love one-skillet meals and this was a fast, easy way to get a hot, very tasty supper on the table...all in one frying pan (and with only 1 pan to wash, I'm even happier :)). Perfect light dinner served with a green salad and some white wine. And, here's a tip for those of you who don't have an ovenproof skillet: wrap the non-ovenproof pan handle tightly in foil before putting in oven. Thanks for posting!!! Alan
This was good and tasty!I used cold baked potatoes and halfed the recipe.Thanks Linda.