Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 mins
From Southern Living.
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 (8 ounce) blocks smoked cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 (8 ounce) blocks sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 (4 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Fry bacon in a skillet until crisp; remove bacon and drain on a paper-towel lined plate; crumble bacon.
- In a mixing bowl, stir the bacon, cheeses, and remaining ingredients together.
- Serve immediately.
I didn't use so much mayo. I like a little drier pimento cheese. Also left out sugar and used a little stevia instead. I could not imagine adding sweet to pimento chese, but tried it. Resulting product, in one word, YUM!!! Used it for a grilled pimento sandwich. Extra good sandwich! Adding the bacon is a great touch.This recipe is definitely a keeper.