Recipe by Cookin-jo
A real kid pleaser and a good alternative to store-bought pizza stuffed pastries. This can be made a few days in advance and kept refrigerated as well.
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1⁄2 lb pepperoni, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 (10 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained and liquid reserved
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon until almost done but not crispy. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels and remove all but 1 Tbsp of the bacon fat.
- Saute the onion in the fat until soft but not browned. Drain excess fat from onions and set aside.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil, adding 1/2 cup reserved mushroom liquid if necessary.
- Stir in bacon and onions. Cool.
- Spoon over bun halves or toast and broil or heat and spoon over.