Recipe by Barb in WNY
My husband and I have an omelet or frittata for dinner a lot, this was good. It's easy to prepare.
Top Review by Sherry & Carl
My Husband and I enjoyed this recipe. It was my first frittata and it was delicious. I omitted the green pepper and mushroom and used cheddar cheese. It was crusty and the potatoes were tender. I will be making it again. Thank you for the recipe.
- 4 slices bacon, cut unto pieces
- 2 green onions, with tops chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 4 mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups potatoes, precooked and diced
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup grated swiss cheese (use a mixture)
- salsa, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In a non-stick skillet sauté the bacon until almost crisp.
- Drain the bacon grease. Add the green onions, red pepper, and mushrooms.
- Sauté and stir for approximately 1 minute.
- Add the potato and season with salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl beat the eggs with the milk.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and top with grated cheese.
- DO NOT stir.
- Cover with a lid and cook on medium low for approximately 20 minutes.
- Serve in wedges topped with a teaspoon of you favorite salsa.