- 1 (16 ounce) package penne
- 12 -15 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions; set aside.
- Cook bacon in large skillet over medium heat until crisp; remove bacon; reserve 2 T.
- drippings in skillet.
- Crumble bacon and set aside.
- Saute sliced mushrooms and garlic in reserved drippings 3 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in pasta, parmesan cheese, whipping cream, and pepper; simmer over medium-low heat until sauce is thickened, stirring often.
- Stir in bacon and green onions; serve immediately.