Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
- 1 (16 ounce) package penne
- 12 -15 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- Cook pasta according to package directions; set aside.
- Cook bacon in large skillet over medium heat until crisp; remove bacon; reserve 2 T.
- drippings in skillet.
- Crumble bacon and set aside.
- Saute sliced mushrooms and garlic in reserved drippings 3 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in pasta, parmesan cheese, whipping cream, and pepper; simmer over medium-low heat until sauce is thickened, stirring often.
- Stir in bacon and green onions; serve immediately.
Awesome!! The sauce turned out so rich and creamy and the bacon just makes this extra, extra yummy. I made this for my sister's birthday dinner. It was a super huge hit with all the family. Thanks Nurse Di.
I made this for my son and he loved it. It would probably be fairly easy to "lighten" this so it would be less sinful to eat, but my son loved it as is.
This is the third time I have tried a recipe from this site and something always ends up not quite right and I think it has to do with the measurement of ingredients . I think 2 cups of heavy cream was way too much. And I wish I would have just spooned it over the pasta rather than mixing . I even watered down the sauce mixture due to it being too thick! It made the whole dish extremely heavy and rich! Flavor was good but needed to be lighter on the heavy cream!