Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
My husband loves Alfredo anything. This is a nice change but very yummy!
- 12 -15 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves
- 16 ounces cooked drained penne pasta
- 1 1⁄2 cups parmesan cheese
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- Cook bacon until crisp, drain on paper towel and crumble. Reserve 2 Tablespoons drippings.
- Saute mushrooms and garlic in bacon drippings until tender.
- Stir in cooked pasta, parmesan cheese, heavy cream and pepper.
- Simmer over low-med heat until sauce is thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in bacon and green onions.
- Serve hot.
Delicious. I have quite a bit of Asiago cheese in my freezer, so used it instead of the Parmesan. Definitely not for someone who is on a diet. LoL! :)
Well This was a fast and tasty meal for me but my DD's and DH did not care for it. My daughter would rather stick with the Alfredo recipe. I enjoyed it but because of the ratings I got from my family I rated it with 3 stars. Thanks Angie #3